RE: AM: email marketing; opt-in or out?

To:     "'Ross Stapleton-Gray'" <director@embassy.org>, "'ad-market@netpreneur.org'" <ad-market@netpreneur.org>
Subject:     RE: AM: email marketing; opt-in or out?
From:     Mitch Arnowitz <marnowitz@morino.org>
Date:     Mon, 9 Jun 1997 11:31:41 -0400

One alternative to an opt-in policy is opt-out email- in which one
has to proactively tell you they don't want email. This process is
also known as negative option marketing and is used by lots of
successful off-line direct response marketers.

We have gone one step further then having an opt-in policy over here.
We insist that a member (or two) of a list deem our message appropriate
and relevant before they post. Our response rates are probably not as
high as others but we know those that respond are relevant and
interested in what we have to say.

BTW- are you familiar with the spammers blacklist?-