AM: regional banner buy

To:     "'ad-market@netpreneur.org'" <ad-market@netpreneur.org>
Subject:     AM: regional banner buy
From:     Mitch Arnowitz <marnowitz@morino.org>
Date:     Mon, 7 Jul 1997 17:26:06 -0400

I am potentially interested in targeting a regional audience for the Netpreneur
Program. If I include banner ads in my plan, I will be searching for relevant,
high trafficked local sites, sites that reach a local audience, or services that
target local sites.

I'm not worried yet about sectors, .com vs. .org, cost/cpm, click throughs, etc.
As a start, I am trying to determine if others in the group have faced a similar
need and the services or companies they have used for regional targeting.

Does anyone know if services such as Doubleclick or Link Exchange provides
geographic targeting? Has anyone spoken with New Century Network's
NewsWorks or other newspaper networks about a targeted banner buy yet?

Does anyone have banner experience (including results) with local content
guides (e.g.: Digital Cities, CitySearch)? Has anyone worked with telcos or
yellow/white page directories for a regional buy (e.g.: Bigbook)?

BTW, my banner need or objective here is branding & advertising, not
direct sales. Also, I can ID popular, relevant, regional sites and search
engines- I was searching for a service, network or company that
bundles these sites. Please respond to this post via the list at:
ad-market@netpreneur.org

Thanks!-

Mitch Arnowitz <marnowitz@morino.org>
Business Development