AM: Gorilla-Guerilla Marketing

To:     ad-market@netpreneur.org
Subject:     AM: Gorilla-Guerilla Marketing
From:     SowersL@aol.com
Date:     Tue, 5 Aug 1997 11:39:35 -0400 (EDT)

You say banana, I say...

For those of you in high-tech marketing who are unfamiliar with Geoffrey
Moore's two books -- "Crossing the Chasm" and "Inside the Tornado" -- run,
don't walk, to your nearest bookstore.  In Tornado, Moore describes a model
in which only one company (the *Gorilla*) dominates the market.  There are
also chimps and monkeys, but you'll have to read that part for yourself.

I think the message in the eariler post is that alliance marketing works best
if you choose the Gorilla in a market space with which to align your company.

Linda Sowers
Marketek Marketing Consultants