AM: new Internet publication -- marketing/PR

To:     ad-market@netpreneur.org
Subject:     AM: new Internet publication -- marketing/PR
From:     BilodeauA@aol.com
Date:     Wed, 13 Aug 1997 13:40:47 -0400 (EDT)

Hi folks:

I'm in the process of starting a digitally based newsletter/information
service (delivered e-mail only, at this point, though with Web back up of
course).

The newsletter will be targeted to high-tech executives, and cover a niche
area of emerging Internet technology.  For argument's sake, please assume
that I've done the right research and that the publication truly fills an
unmet need.

Any thoughts on how to market/publicize such a product on a shoestring
budget? (I've rejected up front the notion of a mass  commercial solicitation
via e-mail, for tons of reasons.)

I intend to a) make a lot of personal contacts (natch), b) seed PR Newswire
and Business Wire with the occasional release trumpting special features, c)
start a listserv on the topic and possibly d) take out small display or
classified ads to build traffic.

I'll also have the Web page with which to make my point of course; any
thoughts on what makes a Web page an effective marketing vehicle (it must
also still make sense as a publication).

I'd appreciate any additional suggestions you might have!

Regards,

Anne Zieger

P.S.  By the way, my apologies if you're hearing this song for the second
time -- I'm subscribed to and posted on Early Stage on this topic.