AM: Low Cost/Free Publicity?

To:     ad-market@netpreneur.org
Subject:     AM: Low Cost/Free Publicity?
From:     Rick Larson <upriver@erols.com>
Date:     Tue, 19 Aug 1997 13:59:11 -0400

Hello;
	I'm new to this list and hope this question is appropriate.
I have recently formed a company called "Virtual Hometowns" which is
dedicated to providing a space (on the net) where LOCAL computer users,
business people, clubs or civic organizations can gather in real time to
hold meetings, conduct business or just talk.
	I have constructed a "Virtual Washington" complete with local points of
interest, office spaces, conference rooms, auditoriums as well as various
recreational spaces where users can log on and talk to each other in real
time.
	This virtual space will be free to users. Operating revenues will be
generated by selling virtual store fronts to area businesses.
	My question/request is this; Where can I go to get some free publicity for
this service?
	I am in the process of contacting local media to provide some co-op
advertising in exchange for virtual studios/newsrooms inside of "Virtual
Washington".  Any additional ideas would be most appreciated.
	BTW...members of this list are cordially invited to make use of "Virtual
Washington" meeting rooms/office space. Just go to my web site and follow
the link to get the software you will need to access it.

Sincerely,
Rick "River" Larson
Building Virtual Communities On The Web

Virtual Hometowns, Inc.