AM: PowerAgent

To:     <ad-market@netpreneur.org>
Subject:     AM: PowerAgent
From:     "Andrew Forbes" <andrew.forbes@redbridge.com>
Date:     Tue, 16 Sep 1997 14:51:18 -0400

Is anybody following the debacle at PowerAgent?

It seems they've run through roughly $16 million
of investors money (including EDS and Draper Fisher)
and are threatening to go out of business unless
they get $20 million more.

http://www.adage.com/interactive/articles/19970915/article8.html
http://www.yahoo.com/headlines/970911/tech/stories/internet_1.html
http://www.herring.com/mag/issue46/secrets.html

My favorite quote was from David Carlick, the president
of PowerAgent: ""It was a big idea. It needs big funding."

Is the Internet just not ready for a full service targeted
advertising shop?

Andrew Forbes

If you do not like the opinions expressed above, not
only will I retract them, but I'll deny I ever said them.