AM: Ad Management Systems/Software

To:     ad-market@netpreneur.org
Subject:     AM: Ad Management Systems/Software
From:     "Chris Bertchie" <chrisb@townhall.com>
Date:     Tue, 14 Oct 1997 16:14:30 +0000
Comments:     Authenticated sender is <chrisb@seldy.townhall.com>

Regarding David Blood's inquiry about ad management software,
many sites use proprietary scripts/programs. Town Hall uses the
NetGravity ad management system. It's flexible and user friendly, and
the advantage from our perspective is that we carry the software on
our own server.  It is, however, more expensive than other commercial
solutions, and it's one more demand on system resources.

To add to Christy Kochan's response, you might also check with
Focalink (their SmartBanner product), NetQuest (they developed the
proprietary system for Yahoo!), and MatchLogic (SiteLogic product, I
think).

Focalink: Start with Heather MacLaren @ 650-842-6511
<http://www.focalink.com>

NetQuest: Karen Clothier, 415-537-0703
<http://www.netquest1.com>

MatchLogic: Milissa Sayre <msayre@matchlogic.com>
<http://www.matchlogic.com> check the FAQs page

Another service that delivers ads showed up on the o-a discussion
list today:

Be Free, Inc. Tom Gerace, President 617.497.5630
<http://www.befree.com>

Chris Bertchie, Advertising Director
TOWN HALL < http://www.townhall.com >
214 Massachusetts Avenue, N.E.
Washington, DC  20002
Phone: 202-608-6019  Fax: 202-544-7330
Email:  chrisb@townhall.com
Online Media Kit: < http:///www.townhall.com/media_kit >

Seeking influence, affluence, age, and lifestyle?
Find your target at townhall.com!