Re: AM: Cost comparison of advertising mediums

To:     <ad-market@netpreneur.org>
Subject:     Re: AM: Cost comparison of advertising mediums
From:     "Chris Bertchie" <chrisb@townhall.com>
Date:     Tue, 28 Oct 1997 11:04:32 +0000
Comments:     Authenticated sender is <chrisb@seldy.townhall.com>

RE: AM: Cost comparison of advertising
Tom White <tom@thesaleschannel.com> asked:
> Has anyone seen a recent cost comparison of traditional advertising mediums?  Specifically:
>
> 1.  What does it cost to reach a 1000 people (CPM) in TV vs. radio vs. print?
> 2.  How effective is each medium in delivering it's message?
> 3.  How do these traditional mediums compare with the Internet?
> 4.  What effect is the Internet having on advertising budgets within the Fortune 500?

Check out the following info sources for effectiveness and
comparasion studies, and effect on ad budgets:

< http://www.iab.net/tools/toolsource.html >
On other parts of the IAB site, you'll find additional info.  I
have recently seen a cost comparison of various media CPMs - but
can't find it at the moment.  If I do, I'll send it on.

Chris Bertchie, Advertising Director
TOWN HALL < http://www.townhall.com >
214 Massachusetts Avenue, N.E.
Washington, DC  20002