Re: AM: Cost comparison of advertising mediums

To:     "Tom White" <tom@thesaleschannel.com>, "Advertising Marketing Forum" <ad-market@netpreneur.org>
Subject:     Re: AM: Cost comparison of advertising mediums
From:     Shawn Spengler <sspengler@claravista.com>
Date:     Tue, 28 Oct 1997 11:04:36 -0500

At 10:03 AM 10/28/97 -0500, Tom White wrote:
>Has anyone seen a recent cost comparison of traditional advertising mediums?

This might help.  I believe I received this in a recent I-Sales discussion
email list.  Hope this helps!

"What Is the Most Cost-Efficient Way
To Communicate With Business Decision-Makers?"

According to a Penton Research Services analysis  of U.S. cost
figures for various business marketing tools,  the average cost per
contact ranges from a low of US$0.32 for an ad placed in a
specialized business publication to $277.00 for a personal,
industrial sales call.

According to Sales & Marketing Management magazine, the average
cost of a sales call, across all industries is $113.25.

The  average  cost  per  contact  for  other  marketing tools:

  - trade shows  $162.00
  - telemarketing $31.16
  - business letters $13.60
  - direct mail $1.68
  - the Internet $0.98  Aha!

Further, successful companies invest 3% of gross sales in training,
especially in sales training, so their sales reps don't blow it
once they've spent all that money to get qualified prospects.

Shawn Spengler, Business Development Manager
Voice:	703.385.7182				Clara Vista Corporation
Fax:	703.385.7183				11150 Main St, Suite 505
Email:	sspengler@claravista.com		Fairfax, VA  22030
Web:	http://www.claravista.com/
	Internet {Intranet} Solutions  --  The Future is Clear