AM: partners for high-tech corp comm/PR venture?

To:     ad-market@netpreneur.org
Subject:     AM: partners for high-tech corp comm/PR venture?
From:     BilodeauA@aol.com
Date:     Sun, 2 Nov 1997 19:38:44 -0500 (EST)

Hi all:

As some of you may already know, I'm a freelance business writer/editor
specializing in high tech writing.   Over time, I've begun to chafe at a
business which forces me to work alone and only take on as much business as I
can personally execute.

For that reason, I'm looking into starting off a high-tech oriented venture.
 Rather than compete with strong existing high-tech PR firms, I'd like to do
something different, in this case custom publishing.

Virtually every PR/marketing type, it seems, would at least in theory like to
have a custom newsletter, magazine or newspaper prepared offering more
insight into their business.  Apparently the big PR agencies are not
well-positioned to prepare this type of publication; I'm told they typically
must seek out freelancers when they do.

I'd like to believe that, as someone who understands the high-tech journalism
 business, I could solve their problem more effectively as a partner to PR
agencies.

If you think you might be interested, either as a PR partner or even (bargain
priced! (G)) first client, please let me know.

I write for some of the publications your average Netpreneur may read, e.g.
Web Week, InfoWorld, Internet Week etc., so you're welcome to search my work
out and get a taste of what I do and how I do it. (You'll find a bunch of
stories under "Bilodeau" or "Zieger" (married name) if you search the Web
Week site, particularly.)

I'm at 301/990-6472 if you'd like to talk, although I would ask your patience
if I'm hard to reach live.  I'll respond to message as promptly as
possible...

Thanks in advance for any thoughts, input or proposals you can pass on!

Regards,

Anne Bilodeau Zieger