RE: AM: email marketing; opt-in or out?

To:     ad-market
Subject:     RE: AM: email marketing; opt-in or out?
From:     djs@projix.com
Date:     Fri, 7 Nov 1997 17:26:12 -0500

In some ways I would agree, were it not for 1.) the ten times per day I would
have to "opt out" were I still humoring myself with this practice and 2.) the
fact that I have never seen the "unzubscribe" function work which I why I
referred to "humoring" myself.

The people currently engaging in this process do not seem to put any thought
toward targeting.  They send to the masses because it is really no more costly
and significantly easier than narrowing a targeted marketing base.

I now "a-opt" with the stroke of my delete key.  I don't even peek at the
content anymore.  There is nothing in the spam I get that is in any way
strategic, and if it were, I am sure I would find it in my *voluntary* review
of news and product releases.

David J. Simonetti
Projix Corporation
1601 Connecticut Avenue NW, Suite 803