RE: AM: email marketing; opt-in or out?

To:     ad-market
Subject:     RE: AM: email marketing; opt-in or out?
From:     andrew.forbes@redbridge.com
Date:     Fri, 7 Nov 1997 17:31:39 -0500

Actually, I dislike opt-out for a reason not yet mentioned.
Perhaps I'm paranoid, but if I get an unsolicitied email
and do nothing (expect delete it), I can hope that the
marketer will eventually decide my email account
is dead/ unused and stop sending me junk.

If I reply with an "unzubscribe" then they know they've got
a live one and I've just prequalified myself.

Andy Forbes