Re: AM: Where Should I Advertise?

To:     BSolnik@aol.com
Subject:     Re: AM: Where Should I Advertise?
From:     "Chris Bertchie" <chrisb@townhall.com>
Date:     Wed, 12 Nov 1997 12:13:07 +0000
Cc:     ad-market@netpreneur.org
Comments:     Authenticated sender is <chrisb@[207.238.36.3]>

Bern Solnik wrote:
> I am a music composer in the Washington, DC area and have been expanding my
> business to websites.  Beyond music, I now offer expertise in the nuts and
> bolts of adding sound to web pages.  Most recently, I have learned how to add
> streaming audio that DOES NOT REQUIRE ANY PLUG-IN!  I was hoping you might
> suggest effective ways for me to advertise my services, and perhaps guide me
> away from expensive ads that are not likely to produce results.

Technology sites that require registration and can target might be
good buys - I'm not familiar with the tech sites, but would suggest
opt-in email lists to developers, etc. Start with the list of opt-in
email lists at < http://www.copywriter.com/lists/ >.

Personally, I'd start with phone calls and individually
composed emails to the Technical Directors, Web Developers,
PRoducers, etc. of music and music related sites, and to chat sites
everywhere.  Sites that carry audio enhancements of their content
(CNN, my own site, National Geographic, etc. etc.) may also be
interested.

Advertising professionals may also be a market - talking ads that
don't require a download?  Great!  (Of course, you may want to change
your identity, rather than be known as the person who made talking
ads possible...!)  The Online Advertising Discussion list (web site
supporting list is: < http://www.o-a.com/ online-ads@o-a.com >)
accepts sponsors, and other online advertising lists and resources
can be found at < http://www.clickz.com >.

Chris Bertchie, Advertising Director
TOWN HALL < http://www.townhall.com >
214 Massachusetts Avenue, N.E.