Re: AM: Where Should I Advertise?

To:     ad-market@netpreneur.org
Subject:     Re: AM: Where Should I Advertise?
From:     SowersL@aol.com
Date:     Thu, 13 Nov 1997 08:17:16 -0500 (EST)

Bern Solnik wrote:
> I am a music composer in the Washington, DC area and have been expanding my
> business to websites.  Beyond music, I now offer expertise in the nuts and
> bolts of adding sound to web pages.  Most recently, I have learned how to
add
> streaming audio that DOES NOT REQUIRE ANY PLUG-IN!  I was hoping you >might
 suggest effective ways for me to advertise my services, and perhaps guide
>me away from expensive ads that are not likely to produce results.

I agree that you get the word out to advertising and marketing agencies.
 Many companies turn to their agencies *first* when they want to develop or
enhance their web sites.  Some agencies have in-house web development
expertise; many outsource.  Either way, they need to know what capabilities
exist (especially innovative techniques that can "juice" a web site), so they
can recommend them to clients or build them into proposals.

Linda Sowers
Marketek Marketing Consultants
Fairfax, VA