Re: AM: Looking for B-to-B commission based advertising programs

To:     Paul Albert <paul@routelink.com>
Subject:     Re: AM: Looking for B-to-B commission based advertising programs
From:     "Chris Bertchie" <chrisb@townhall.com>
Date:     Thu, 13 Nov 1997 11:04:48 +0000
Cc:     ad-marketing@netpreneur.org
Comments:     Authenticated sender is <chrisb@[207.238.36.3]>

Paul Albert wrote: (excerpt)
> I am developing a B-to-B site and would be interested
> in receiving commissions for selling electricity, long
> distance phone service, pre-paid calling cards, computer
> equipment, Internet connectivity, magazine subscriptions,
> books, office supplies, etc.  I am going to stay away from
> any MLM type of schemes and deal with recognized and
> respected brand names in

Paul Albert inquired about commission-based ad programs - the
transactional pricing model, also called revenue sharing, "per-sale",
"per-inquiry", or, more generally, "per-event" (PE) pricing model, is
growing in popularity.  It does require the site to share the
advertiser's risk, especially with regard to creative and
advertiser's site design - if the site is not conducive to sales,
there won't be any revenue to share.  And if the creative doesn't
pull, the advertiser still gets the exposure, the
awareness/recognition building, etc., but doesn't pay the site
anything.  (I like a hybrid, with a base fee and the percentage,
which varies between 10% and 30%.)

However, if you can track responses (one of my advertisers set his
online order form action to email me when an order is placed, and he
has a special 800 number just for Town Hall users), you might make
enough to make you happy.

You might want to give Target & Response a call - they represent a
number of clients who buy advertising on a PE basis, and they have
several that would fall into the categories you outlined.

Peter Clough
<ebasesys@ix.netcom.com>
Target & Response, Baltimore, MD office
Vox 410.466.2740  Fax 410.367.8143