AM: Re: Geographically-local ad brokers?

To:     <ad-market@netpreneur.org>
Subject:     AM: Re: Geographically-local ad brokers?
From:     "Mitch Arnowitz" <marnowitz@morino.org>
Date:     Fri, 21 Nov 1997 18:07:29 -0500

Ross Stapleton-Gray writes:

>I'm interested in learning more about companies which may be serving as
>geographically-local banner ad brokers, e.g., selling banner space to
>advertisers wanting to capture eyeballs in a given city, and evaluating
>placements based on their local audiences.  I know that there are a number
>of geographically-focused sites, e.g., Yahoo's city sites, or MS's
>Sidewalk, but are any of the ad companies building such practices to serve
>sites more generally?

Ross-

I know you are looking for aggregators, networks here. I did a quick network
search ( http://www.clickz.com/ ) and didn't see anything. Perhaps the following
sources are worth checking out-

* Real Media http://www.realmedia.com/Networks/index.html . Local affiliate
here is The Washington Times, folks from The Times are in our group

* Kelsey Group http://kelseygroup.com - does a good job of pulling together
local (Internet) advertising info. This group also *used* to host the Local
Advertising & Commerce Assn. although I couldn't find them here when I did
a search. Also, check out their guide to yellow pages
http://kelseygroup.com/dir/index.html

* NewsWorks http://www.newsworks.com/ - Newspaper Assn of America's
service. Local affiliate is washingtonpost

* Auction Houses- e.g.: Adbot http://www.adbot.com/ , believe they target
regionally, folks from this company are in our group

* Ad/Marketing Discussion Group Archives-
http://listserv.morino.org/ad-marketing.html
check out our archives, there was a thread in July on this topic;
"AM: regional banner buy"

Mitch Arnowitz marnowitz@morino.org      Advertising/Marketing Discussion Group
Business Development                             http://netpreneur.org/connect/am
PKW Netpreneur Program                        v 703.620.8971
http://netpreneur.org                                 f 703.620.4102