Re: AM: Adaptation curve of communication technologies.

To:     ad-market@netpreneur.org
Subject:     Re: AM: Adaptation curve of communication technologies.
From:     "Lynne D. Filderman" <lynne@dcorbit.net>
Date:     Thu, 4 Dec 1997 15:19:23 -0500 (EST)

You can find an article at the Internet Advertising Bureau's web site
<http://www.iab.net/advertise/content/adcontent.html> which includes a chart
indicating the number of years it took radio, television, cable television
and the Internt each to reach 50 million users....radio took 38 years;
television took 13 years; cable 10 years, and the Internet is expected to
reach this level of adoption in only 5 years (surprise, surprise)!

Lynne Filderman
DC  Orbit

>Has anyone seen or have a recent study of how America has adapted to
>different types of technologies?  I'm looking for something that would show
>how quickly we all bought a phone, TV, VCR, PC, etc.   As always, your help
>is most appreciated.
>
>Thanks.
>
>Thomas White
>The Sales Channel
>
>Ph:  (703) 351-5160
>Fax: (703) 351-5161
>Email:
> tom@thesaleschannel.com

Lynne D. Filderman
DC Orbit
The Web Network Inside the Nation's Capital
703/318-8313 voice
703/709-9623 fax