AM: RE: Listing URLs with search engines

To:     ad-marketing@netpreneur.org
Subject:     AM: RE: Listing URLs with search engines
From:     "Chris Bertchie" <chrisb@townhall.com>
Date:     Mon, 8 Dec 1997 12:10:13 +0000
Comments:     Authenticated sender is <chrisb@[207.238.36.3]>

Hans Tallis@ERS_TYSONS wrote:

> I'd like to get all of my web site's pages registered
> with the top search engines.  How do I do this?  I'd
> appreciate pointers to
>      - guidelines (articles, books) for the neophyte -
>      good registration services

Hans:  A guy named Danny Sullivan put together a great
site in 1996 - it is now run by Mecklermedia.

< http://searchenginewatch.com/ >

I'd also suggest you check out some of the archives on
the Online Advertising Discussion list.  Search for
"Submitting URLs to search engines" and "search engines"
to start.

Lots of info.  Good meta tags and personal submission to
individual search engines and indexes seems to be the
best, if most time consuming, way to go.

Chris Bertchie, Advertising Director
TOWN HALL < http://www.townhall.com >
214 Massachusetts Avenue, N.E.
Washington, DC  20002