AM: Summary of Responses: increasing your web-site traffic (on the cheap)

To:     ad-market@netpreneur.org, netpreneurs@netpreneur.org
Subject:     AM: Summary of Responses: increasing your web-site traffic (on the cheap)
From:     Hans_Tallis
Date:     Tue, 9 Dec 1997 13:18:47 -0500

Hans Tallis
12/09/97 02:18 PM

[Maybe this should be a FAQtory submission?]

Thanks to the dozen or so responders.  I've lifted the best recommendations
for the do-it-yourselfer, leaving out pointers to commercial web-site
consultants and other fee-based services.  (Those of us with money use
Proxicom anyway, right?)
Some interesting other services (such as sites that help you measure your
current exposure) can be found one level removed from the following
collection of references, so you might want to spend a minute surfing the
url's listed below.

How to design your web pages for best search-engine registration:
     http://www.searchenginewatch.com/
     http://www.searchhelp.com/sitereg/tips.html

How to get your web site seen:
     http://Stars.com/Location/Promotion/
     a book:
http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ISBN=0471172499/wilsoninternetseA/

List of the top search engines:
     http://www.mmgco.com/t1006in1.html

Recommended Do-It-Yourself registration sites:
     http://www.submit-it.com/
     http://www.mmgco.com/top100.html

Other good sites:
     how to use search engines:  http://www.searchhelp.com/