AM: Internet World

To:     ad-market@netpreneur.org
Subject:     AM: Internet World
From:     Raj Khera <raj@kci.kciLink.com>
Date:     Fri, 12 Dec 1997 15:04:40 -0500 (EST)

I attended just yesterday, doing the Amtrak up-and-back thing that I think
several of us did.

I thought the show was very good. Netscape's absence was interesting. I
didn't know what to make of it. Symantec's Visual Java Cafe demo was very
impressive as was WebTrends new Professional Suite, which I liked so much
that I bought it on the spot since they had a big discount. I enjoyed the
smaller booths quite a bit. I guess I felt a bond between the smaller
companies because they're like us.  I also found a number of companies
that were clueless when it comes to marketing: their booths touted their
company name but absolutely no easy-to-read one-liner on what they do.

E-commerce was evidently the theme of choice. After a while, every product
looked the same, just a different price tag and some features here and
there.

One of the most amusing booths was the tiny one by the Free Software
Foundation (I think that's the name). The donation box cracked me up!

The worst part of the day: Amtrak's 1 hour delay leaving New York (and of
course, getting up at 4:00 am to catch the morning train).
Raj Khera                           FREE Commerce Business Daily, FAR, etc.
Khera Communications, Inc.          http://www.govcon.com
raj@kciLink.com
(301) 548-4363 (direct)             FREE Help for Small Businesses
(301) 258-8292 (main) x4363         http://www.MoreBusiness.com