AM: Internet World

To:     <ad-market@netpreneur.org>
Subject:     AM: Internet World
From:     "Mark Milligan" <milli@access.digex.net>
Date:     Fri, 12 Dec 1997 15:38:33 -0500

I attended three days of Internet World this week and was once again impressed with all of the uses of Internet technologies.  Some of my key points:

* Netscape's absence from the show.  No big booth, no army of sales people.  I did see a few Netscape employees scattered around, but Netscape was making a point with this move.  I think Netscape's absence actually brought more attention to them.

* Last year, I remember "push" as being the big buzz.  Seemed like this year was "e-commerce."  That funny lower-case 'e' seemed to appear on everyone's booth.

* Microsoft, Sun, Oracle and IBM were in full force, and basically all showing the same products.

* Worst booth - Sprint's Rolling Stone theme with a Mick Jaggar (sp) look a like sulking and looking bored.

Any one else?

Mark Milligan
The Common, Inc.