Re: AM: Spam shoot-out softspoken, serious at Internet World '97-

To:     ad-market <ad-market@netpreneur.org>
Subject:     Re: AM: Spam shoot-out softspoken, serious at Internet World '97-
From:     Brian Alpert <balpert@telogy.com>
Date:     Mon, 15 Dec 1997 10:25:56 -0500

Mitch Arnowitz wrote:

> Folks-
>
> Take a look at this short piece on Wednesday's Internet World session
> on spamming. ...

I was at this session; the piece you sent was a good synopsis, though it
didn't report what I thought was Wallace's main "theme" - calling for
some sort of compromise, even at his industry's expense, so the acrimony
can give way to a more mature industry that doesn't clog mailboxes
w/spam and render usenet useless.

I thought the show was great; i attended a number of sessions I thought
were excellent.

--BA