Re: AM: sales & marketing team building 101

To:     ad-market@netpreneur.org
Subject:     Re: AM: sales & marketing team building 101
From:     shimin@awdcva.com
Date:     Fri, 26 Dec 1997 17:31:54 -0800

Mitch,

 > getting the *right* sales/marketing, team members in
 > your corner can make or break a company.

 That is so right.  A company I was actively involved before might be a
good example.  They were a new technology company and had a great first
year with sales over a million.  Then, they replaced the V.P. sales and
marketing with a person had the experience in Fortune 100 corporation.
That was a unfortunate mismatch and cost the company to not only getting
no new customers but lost some of existing customers.  It seems sometimes
big corporate and small entrepreneurial firms could mean two different
worlds.  Start-up companies often eager to bring in experienced corporate
executives and overlook other important factors such as characteristics,
work styles, etc.

Shimin Luo
V.P. Sales & Marketing
			* Happy Holidays! *

American Web Design Corporation   			http://awdcva.com
  Web site solutions for your business --
		Strategy + Commitment + Design = Success
   			web design, hosting, programming, consulting & more.