Re: AM: Value of user demographics?

To:     Adv/Mktg <ad-market@netpreneur.org>
Subject:     Re: AM: Value of user demographics?
From:     Jim Boyd <bocaro@bellatlantic.net>
Date:     Thu, 08 Jan 1998 17:02:55 -0500

Gentlemen:

Just joined the group and was intrigued by this discussion.  In terms of
a longer-term marketing strategy, wouldn't it be valuable to know
particulars of who came to your site (e.g., name, address, phone, email,
age) and target those visitors with a focused sales effort?

I understand the need/desire to target specific types (e.g.,
Communications Equipment Managers), but it is possible someone visiting
a site, who is not in a targeted group, will pass on the information to
someone who is.

regards,

Jim

--