Re: AM: Value of user demographics?

To:     "Andrew Forbes" <andrew.forbes@redbridge.com>, "Adv/Mktg" <ad-market@netpreneur.org>
Subject:     Re: AM: Value of user demographics?
From:     "Mitch Arnowitz" <marnowitz@morino.org>
Date:     Fri, 9 Jan 1998 09:29:24 -0500

Andrew-

This is an interesting conversation, will offer up my 0.02.
I sorta agree with Jim that potential sales information is
important to capture. Combining what Brian & Jim said,
wouldn't it be nice to capture lead/contact info. for a very
targeted user like Communications Equipment Managers?

I think the answer to the above is yes, *if* I want to transact
or even develop a long term 1:1 relationship. I believe it is
important to understand potential customer needs. How will
they use the information? For branding/banner type ads or
direct marketing/sales?

To be sure, there is always value in collecting customer
demos. But... aren't there a few companies currently offering
up technology that provides demographic info. by IP?  Does
anyone know of companies currently doing this? I can provide
you some names here off-line.

Mitch Arnowitz
mailto:marnowitz@morino.org
Business Development