Re: AM: Value of user demographics?

To:     ad-market
Subject:     Re: AM: Value of user demographics?
From:     milli@access.digex.net
Date:     Fri, 9 Jan 1998 11:15:36 -0500

Mitch et al:

DIGEX provides me with site visitor demographics through a third-party
application call WebTrends.  It's updated nightly and provides us with
a dynamic HTML page of our site's activity including where visitors
came from, part of the country, city, etc.  It's done by IP address, I
imagine.

The site I am referring to and which I manage is for a VC firm,
Grotech Capital Group.  www.grotech.com.

A little anecdote: When I registered grotech.com with Yahoo!, the data
entry person at Yahoo! mistyped the state from Maryland to California.
Needless to say, I see some web traffic coming into grotech.com from
the California area!

I would take a look at WebTrends.  www.webtrends.com

Mark Milligan
The Common, Inc.
The Internet Community for the Enterprise Application Software Market