Re: AM: Value of user demographics?

To:     Adv/Mktg <ad-market@netpreneur.org>
Subject:     Re: AM: Value of user demographics?
From:     Brian Alpert <balpert@telogy.com>
Date:     Fri, 09 Jan 1998 11:55:30 -0500

Andy (et al) --

Answers in ALL CAPS:

Andrew Forbes wrote:

> Brian:
>
> Did clicking on your banner take the user to a page where they
> could sign up for such a list (or did the banner itself allow signup)?

NO, NOTHING THAT SOPHISTO. JUST TO OUR HOMEPAGE.

> If so, and if you don't consider it proprietary, what kind of ad
> presentation to sign up ratio did you achieve? and more
> importantly, what was your cost per validated signup?

IN THOSE TERMS, POOR. IN FACT, DUE TO DECREASED PARTIC. IN TRADE SHOWS
THE MONTH WE ADVERTISED, OUR INCOMING EMAIL-FORMS WENT DOWN. WE'RE NOT
TROLLING FOR RAW NUMBERS OF LEADS DUE TO THE ESOTERIC NATURE OF OUR
STUFF. WE'RE LOOKING AT ADS AS MORE OF A BRANDING TOOL AND LESS OF A
LEAD GENERATION TOOL.