Re: AM: Value of user demographics?

To:     Adv/Mktg <ad-market@netpreneur.org>
Subject:     Re: AM: Value of user demographics?
From:     Brian Alpert <balpert@telogy.com>
Date:     Fri, 09 Jan 1998 11:59:49 -0500

Again, answrs in ALL CAPS:

> In terms of
> a longer-term marketing strategy, wouldn't it be valuable to know
> particulars of who came to your site (e.g., name, address, phone,
> email,
> age) and target those visitors with a focused sales effort?

NOT FOR US, ESP. NOT FOR ALL SITE VISITORS. EVEN FOR THOSE WHO FILLOUT
THE FORMS AND SUBMIT, THE LEADS ARE 90% JUNK, 9% VIABLE AND 1% REAL. OUR
SALES FORCE CAN BARELY KEEP UP WITH THOSE.

> it is possible someone visiting
> a site, who is not in a targeted group, will pass on the information
> to someone who is.

YES, OF COURSE ANYTHING'S POSS., BUT IN TERMS OF RETURN VS. REAL
RESOURCES IT JUST ISN'T PRACTICAL... ( for us that is - we're anything
but a mass market entity) --

--B