RE: AM: Value of user demographics?

To:     "'mxb@consumerinsites.com'" <mxb@consumerinsites.com>
Subject:     RE: AM: Value of user demographics?
From:     Andrew Forbes <andrew.forbes@redbridge.com>
Date:     Fri, 9 Jan 1998 18:27:55 -0500
Cc:     "ad-market@netpreneur.org" <ad-market@netpreneur.org>

Maurice:

> As you may know, Relevent Knowledge provides statistics on Web traffic.
> In addition, they can provide fairly accurate demographic information
> (age, Income, gender and education) about your site and your
> competitors. They do this by monitoring the a statiscally significant
> sample size of users in their pannel. So, if your service essentially
> provides the same service using log files then they are a decent proxy
> for determining value. You might look at their pricing.

I have friends at Relevant Knowledge, and am aware of what they are doing.
One difference between what I'm talking about and what they do is that I'm
hoping to enable marketers to do the IP to demographics conversion in
real time.

> Does your concept differ from my understanding (converting IP Address to
> Profiles based on traffic/log files.)

Yes, it is quite different.  Between the message you responded to and
when I got your response I posted another message.  In it I explained
in more detail what I propose to do.

Andy Forbes