Re: AM: email marketing; opt-in or out?

To:     "Ross Stapleton-Gray" <director@embassy.org>
Subject:     Re: AM: email marketing; opt-in or out?
From:     "Andrew Forbes" <andrew.forbes@redbridge.com>
Date:     Mon, 12 Jan 1998 22:41:44 -0500
Cc:     <ad-marketing@netpreneur.org>

Ross:

Actually, I've heard from a reasonably reliable source that GTE is
actually providing IMGIS with access to their user's demographics
and log on/off data.  This information is one of the reasons that I
believe other ISPs may be receptive to my scheme (albeit that you
and I have our differences about what I want to do).

I'd add the 10 million? HotMail users that accepted free email in
exchange for having to deal with marketing collateral to the list
of people that don't seem too troubled by Internet privacy.

BTW, I got a call from someone that wanted to chat about AOLs
demographic targeting plans; the conversation was not very
detailed but the gist was that they were headed in that direction.

Andy Forbes