AM: Value of user demographics, Part 2

To:     andrew.forbes@redbridge.com
Subject:     AM: Value of user demographics, Part 2
From:     "Allen Goldberg" <allen@rkinc.com>
Date:     Fri, 16 Jan 1998 22:56:30 -0500
CC:     ad-market@netpreneur.org

wow, looks like i almost missed out on all of the fun.  i hope this
thread isn't too dead.  hey, great idea on the straight to ISPs, but
let's not forget about the lessons we learn from AOL.  every time AOL
talks about selling lists or targeted marketing to its subscribers using
different triggers there is a great hue and cry about privacy and
confidentiality.  i might not have read the archive too closely, but
you've got a HUGE hurdle to get over. even with incentives you won't get
full participation.  methinks that RelevantKnowledge's paid
participation panel and projection model just may be the answer...  for
right now.

glad to be aboard (we've got a nice sized office here in DC).

regards,

allen

--
AllenGoldberg