AM: Ad-market discussion group guidelines

To:     "'ad-market@netpreneur.org'" <ad-market@netpreneur.org>
Subject:     AM: Ad-market discussion group guidelines
From:     Mitch Arnowitz <marnowitz@morino.org>
Date:     Tue, 27 Jan 1998 17:52:23 -0500

Folks:

The ad-market group provides a forum to address Internet
advertising & marketing opportunities and issues. Another
objective of our group is to disseminate relevant information.

As our group grows in size and posting volume, I want to refresh
 all of us on discussion group guidelines. Group guidelines or
"rules of the road" listed below help facilitate useful discussion
& make certain value is being delivered to all of us. Should you
have questions or comments on the guidelines below, *please
email me privately* at: marnowitz@morino.org. Thanks!

Mitch Arnowitz

AD-MARKET GUIDELINES

* Please stay on topic when posting. Our discussion group is used
for addressing Internet advertising & marketing opportunities and
issues. Relevant information is also disseminated through our
group. Comments concerning topics other then Internet advertising
& marketing, while interesting, belong someplace else.

If you are unsure whether your comment belongs here or not, ask
me! Remember, we also have the *Marketing Musings* newsletter-
perhaps an appropriate pipeline for your information. If our group
is not the appropriate place, I will help you find another discussion
group or pipeline for your opinions or comments. Do your own
*value check* before posting or entering a current discussion.
Noise, an issue for all discussion groups,  is even more important
for time strapped netpreneurs.

* If you want to respond to an individual and don't feel your
comments are relevant to the group, respond privately to that
individual's email address, not the list address.

* Do not post unsolicited advertising, promotional materials or
other forms of solicitation to the group. This is in direct violation
of our access agreement (http://netpreneur.org/aup.html).
Remember that you will gain exposure for yourself or business
by offering relevant *information* that helps others on the list.

* Be careful what you disclose! Our group is open & unmoderated,
meaning that messages you post go directly to the list or group.
As our group grows in size, we are attracting a variety of
participants. Make sure that you are not posting proprietary or
confidential information.

ADMINISTRIVIA

-To Send a Message to the Group:
Address your reply to ad-market@netpreneur.org (there's no
need to "cc" the original author --that person is already on the
list and will receive your reply to the list).

-To Reply to the Author of a Message:
Use your "Reply to Author" command or icon on your email
client.  Don't use the "Reply to All" option or everyone on the
list will get the message.

-Online Archives
of the discussions are available at:
http://netpreneur.org/ad-marketing/oldarchives

-Clearly identify the topic of your post in the subject line.

-Do not send attachments with your posting to the discussion
group--ask group members to email you directly for a copy.

-To unsubscribe from the list, send a message to:
ad-market-request@netpreneur.org with the word
"unsubscribe" in the body of the message (no quotation
marks necessary).