By way of introduction, I am man friday for Ubiquity Computers
(www.ubiquity.com) located in Bethesda.
We are launching our first product; an Internet Kiosk system. The
software package consisting of a client and a server component,
allows deploying pay as you go retail booths for accessing Internet
services. The product highlights are:
- WWW, e-mail and Internet fax services.
- pre-created accounts with pre-assigned cash value (similar
to what AOL does)
- pre-created debit cards for recharging accounts
- credit card processing
- built-in business rules for "franchising".
- E-mail alias/password selection.
- Collects user demographic information
- Ad Server for customized ad delivery based on demographics
- Pseudo currency for "frequent usage" promotions or other
cross marketing or affinity programs.
- Kiosk management and reporting utilities.
In the first release of the product, we are primarily targeting
developing countries where a shared model makes a lot of sense given the
I am writing to you all in the hope that I may get some interesting
feedback on setting up marketing/sales channels for selling the
product overseas. Specifically, I was interested in :
- industry standard (if any) reseller discounts.
- companies to manage mailings, pr and other marketing issues
- obtaining information about overseas companies that could
be potential resellers.
- attorneys (or even web sites) where I may find some sample
reseller agreements for international software sales.
- stuff to watch out for etc.
Also, I am looking for an energetic entrepeneurial person to drive
marketing/sales with compensation tied to sales.
This is my first mailing to this group ... if I have violated the
in any way, please accept my apologies.
Vikul Khosla, Ubiquity Computers, Inc
Voice : (301) 869 6128
Fax : (301) 869 8322