AM: Marketing Challenge #2; Atyouroffice.com tag line

To:     "'marketing/advertising discussion group'" <ad-market@netpreneur.org>
Subject:     AM: Marketing Challenge #2; Atyouroffice.com tag line
From:     Mitch Arnowitz <marnowitz@morino.org>
Date:     Fri, 30 Jan 1998 17:24:58 -0500
Cc:     "'youroff@erols.com'" <youroff@erols.com>

Folks-

One of our group, Tom Graham has asked for our help. Tom is
undecided on his company's tag line & wants us to help him make a
decision.

Following you will find:

* brief background on Tom's company; Atyouroffice.com
* sample tag lines that Tom's agency, VC, etc. have suggested

Tom wants to know if we like one of the enclosed tag lines, or can suggest
a better one. The tag line will be used in off-line collateral's and online
marketing. Please email Tom *privately* at: youroff@erols.com (also the
cc: address on this note) with your preference from tag lines mentioned
below (as easy as giving Tom the number of the tag line you like from
below). Or... you can email Tom *your* idea of an appropriate tag line.

Tom will summarize our input and shortly report back to the group.
Lets see how many responses we can get to Tom by Wednesday,
February 3 (is it February already?).. If you have questions for Tom
or other comments on this marketing challenge, please cc: the group-
this may give us additional ideas that help Tom.

Do you have a MARKETING CHALLENGE for our group of smart
WDC Internet advertising & marketing minds? Send it to:
marnowitz@morino.org . We'll get it out to the group & see if we can
help out-

Have a great weekend-
Mitch

About the business:

Atyouroffice.com is an Internet business that will sell over 24,000
different office products and services primarily to the Small Office and
Home Office (SOHO) market. This means that an Internet user will be
able to access the web site, search and display 24,000 office products and
services from our web-based catalog, select products and services to
purchase by placing them in a virtual "shopping cart," and then submit
the order along with a credit card number for payment.

Atyouroffice.com will use, as its first major marketing effort, an
affiliated sales program in which SOHO sites will promote
Atyouroffice.com by having a click from their site to ours (either from
a banner-type advertisement or from a special section of their site).
In return, Atyouroffice.com will pay the originating site anywhere from
1-8% revenue (it will be different for each Partner) for any buying
customer they send.

In terms of a tag line, the main ideas that distinguish us are that we
will offer 24,000 items (most similar sites offer 3,000), provide a best
price guarantee, and offer free shipping on orders over $25 (most
similar sites have a $50 threshold).

Ideas thrown around for a new tag line (not edited):

1. Inexpensive office products for small business via the web

2.  The first web service for office products exclusively for
small business

3.  The only Internet site for office products exclusively for
small business

4.  24,000 office products for small business

5.  The cool way to purchase office products for your small
business

6.  The value site for office products on the web

7.  Office products for the web for your growing business

8.  The PC way to buy office products

9.  Wired office products for your growing business

10.  We supply growing businesses

11. Office products from the web to your doodstep

.