AM: Marketing Challenge #2; Atyouroffice.com tag line

To:     ad-market@netpreneur.org
Subject:     AM: Marketing Challenge #2; Atyouroffice.com tag line
From:     Bob Bailey <ebiz@usa.net>
Date:     Sun, 01 Feb 1998 06:43:36 -0500

Tom,

I'm afraid that none of the tag lines do a whole lot for me. I suggest that you go back and look at the BENEFITS that you are delivering rather than the mode of delivery. Let's think about that:

1. Lower cost.
2. Better selection.
3. Easier. Especially for someone like me who works at home. If I have to buy office supplies it means getting up and driving to Staples. Buying from my DESKTOP would be super. (Notice I said nothing about the Internet or the Web, that's irrelevant.) I'll still have to go to Staples occasionally in an emergency. BUT it's a lot easier to sit down and order that inkjet cartridge when I use the last one...

How about:

"Office supplies at the touch of a button: Fast, Cheap, Easy."

"Our store is in your office."

"Order all your office supplies without leaving your chair, and at a lower cost."

Just some ideas for you... Bob

>From: Mitch Arnowitz <marnowitz@morino.org>
>To: "'marketing/advertising discussion group'" <ad-market@netpreneur.org>
>Cc: "'youroff@erols.com'" <youroff@erols.com>
>Subject: AM: Marketing Challenge #2; Atyouroffice.com tag line
>Date: Fri, 30 Jan 1998 17:24:58 -0500
>Sender: owner-ad-market@netpreneur.org
>

>Folks-
>
>One of our group, Tom Graham has asked for our help. Tom is
>undecided on his company's tag line & wants us to help him make a
>decision.
>
>Following you will find:
>
>* brief background on Tom's company; Atyouroffice.com
>* sample tag lines that Tom's agency, VC, etc. have suggested
>
>Tom wants to know if we like one of the enclosed tag lines, or can suggest
>a better one. The tag line will be used in off-line collateral's and online
>marketing. Please email Tom *privately* at: youroff@erols.com (also the
>cc: address on this note) with your preference from tag lines mentioned
>below (as easy as giving Tom the number of the tag line you like from
>below). Or... you can email Tom *your* idea of an appropriate tag line.
>
>Tom will summarize our input and shortly report back to the group.
>Lets see how many responses we can get to Tom by Wednesday,
>February 3 (is it February already?).. If you have questions for Tom
>or other comments on this marketing challenge, please cc: the group-
>this may give us additional ideas that help Tom.
>
>Do you have a MARKETING CHALLENGE for our group of smart
>WDC Internet advertising & marketing minds? Send it to:
>marnowitz@morino.org . We'll get it out to the group & see if we can
>help out-
>
>Have a great weekend-
>Mitch
>

>About the business:
>
>Atyouroffice.com is an Internet business that will sell over 24,000
>different office products and services primarily to the Small Office and
>Home Office (SOHO) market. This means that an Internet user will be
>able to access the web site, search and display 24,000 office products and
>services from our web-based catalog, select products and services to
>purchase by placing them in a virtual "shopping cart," and then submit
>the order along with a credit card number for payment.

>Atyouroffice.com will use, as its first major marketing effort, an
>affiliated sales program in which SOHO sites will promote
>Atyouroffice.com by having a click from their site to ours (either from
>a banner-type advertisement or from a special section of their site).
>In return, Atyouroffice.com will pay the originating site anywhere from
>1-8% revenue (it will be different for each Partner) for any buying
>customer they send.
>
>In terms of a tag line, the main ideas that distinguish us are that we
>will offer 24,000 items (most similar sites offer 3,000), provide a best
>price guarantee, and offer free shipping on orders over $25 (most
>similar sites have a $50 threshold).

> [...]

|                     ebiz                         |
|       "Power, Presence, Persuasion"              |
| Bob Bailey                                       |
| 528 Ashford Road            301.587.3447         |
| Suite 1000                  301.587.faxx (-3299) |
| Silver Spring MD 20910      800.707.ebiz (-3240) |
|           mailto:ebiz@usa.net                    |
|      http://speakers.com/ebiz.html               |