Re: AM: Marketing Challenge #2; Atyouroffice.com tag line

To:     "marnowitz@morino.org" <marnowitz@morino.org>
Subject:     Re: AM: Marketing Challenge #2; Atyouroffice.com tag line
From:     Paul Albert <paul@routelink.com>
Date:     Sun, 01 Feb 1998 12:28:46 -0500
CC:     "'marketing/advertising discussion group'" <ad-market@netpreneur.org>, "'youroff@erols.com'" <youroff@erols.com>

Mitch Arnowitz wrote:

> One of our group, Tom Graham has asked for our help. Tom is
> undecided on his company's tag line & wants us to help him make a
> decision.
> Atyouroffice.com will use, as its first major marketing effort, an
> affiliated sales program in which SOHO sites will promote

Given that AYO is really marketing to web-sites and pushing for affiliation and
not trying to speak directly to the consumer, all the tag lines seem to miss
the mark.  Maybe something like "Make your website pay, selling office goods is
only a click away" is more on target.

If, on the other hand, a tag line for the consumer is what is being sought, I
would prefer emphasizing convenience and savings over selection.  My suggestion
is "The easiest way to save on office goods."

 -- Paul Albert, paul@routelink.com
    President, RouteLink, Inc.
    Internet-Based Freight Matching - "Make Every Mile Count"
    (v)703-242-4444 (f)703-242-3998, www.routelink.com