AM: FW: Marketing help

To:     "'early-stage@netpreneur.org'" <early-stage@netpreneur.org>, "'ad-market@netpreneur.org'" <ad-market@netpreneur.org>, "'vikul@ubiquity.com'" <vikul@ubiquity.com>
Subject:     AM: FW: Marketing help
From:     George Atkinson <gatkinson@tradecompass.com>
Date:     Mon, 2 Feb 1998 11:14:43 -0500

Vikul,

To get a handle on overseas market opportunities, I'm sure that the Trade
Compass site http://www.tradecompass.com would be a
great resource for you; particularly the Stat USA Plus service.  You could
drill down into the International Market Insight reports and country
marketing reports for info and contacts.  Trade Compass offers a 7 day free
trial so you could access the database for at least 7 days for free.  You
can also get considerable FREE international business information on the
Global Information Network http://www.ginfo.net, the most comprehensive
search engine and data source for world trade professionals on the
Internet.  Check out the press release on GIN just released today
http://www.ginfo.net/press.html.  You also have the opportunity to post
your Website link in the free TradeLinks Database.

Re contracts, I suggest that you check out Digital Contracts
http://www.digicontracts.com to inexpensively access a Reseller/VAR
agreement (and many other excellent agreements)...though beyond
"boilerplate" deals, I suggest that you take advantage of a good corporate
attorney.  Beyond all this, Trade Compass does provide a Consulting service
to our users.  We are in a contract now, for example, with Motorola which
uses our site, but also wanted specific consulting services to analyze new
market opportunities in a region of the world they are targeting.  If you
are budget constrained, the self-serve approach on the Trade Compass site
is recommended.  You could also post your desire for agents and
distributors in the National Export Offer Service.  See
http://www.tradecompass.com/neos.  About 1000 companies currently use NEOS
to post their company, product/service, contact/e-mail/website info to be
discovered by a global Web audience.

Best regards,

George Atkinson
Vice President, Business Development