AM: Summary of Marketing Challenge #2; Atyouroffice.com tag line

To:     "ad-market@netpreneur.org" <ad-market@netpreneur.org>
Subject:     AM: Summary of Marketing Challenge #2; Atyouroffice.com tag line
From:     "Thomas J. Graham" <youroff@erols.com>
Date:     Tue, 10 Feb 1998 15:48:42 -0500

Dear Ad-Marketing Group:

Thanks for all your great replies to my recent request for tag-line
help. To date,
I have gotten over 20 responses & they are still rolling in!! I am
truely amazed
at the response and quality of the suggestions.

My original Marketing Challenge is archived and can be found at:

       http://netpreneur.org/ad-marketing/oldarchives/msg00249.html

I wanted to summarize responses received from the group. Enclosed please

find a sampling of responses. So where are we?  Our current tag was the
"office products from the web to your doorstep" and it actually received

favorable reviews without being singled out in the challenge.

But we are still not happy with it and are working on a number of
alternatives, including many of the comments and suggestions that
individuals
from the Ad-Marketing Group made.

Our PR, marketing folks are currently working on the tag, I'll be sure
to let
the group know when we make a final decision. Thanks again for all the
great ideas!

Tom Graham
atyouroffice.com

Tom,

I'm afraid that none of the tag lines do a whole lot for me. I suggest
that you go back and look at the BENEFITS that you are
delivering rather than the mode of delivery. Let's think about that:

1. Lower cost.
2. Better selection.
3. Easier. Especially for someone like me who works at home. If I have
to buy office supplies it means getting up and driving to
Staples. Buying from my DESKTOP would be super. (Notice I said nothing
about the Internet or the Web, that's irrelevant.) I'll
still have to go to Staples occasionally in an emergency. BUT it's a lot
easier to sit down and order that inkjet cartridge when I
use the last one...

How about:

"Office supplies at the touch of a button: Fast, Cheap, Easy."

"Our store is in your office."

"Order all your office supplies without leaving your chair, and at a
lower cost."

Just some ideas for you... Bob

|                     ebiz                         |
|       "Power, Presence, Persuasion"              |
| Bob Bailey                                       |
| 528 Ashford Road            301.587.3447         |
| Suite 1000                  301.587.faxx (-3299) |
| Silver Spring MD 20910      800.707.ebiz (-3240) |
|           mailto:ebiz@usa.net                    |
|      http://speakers.com/ebiz.html               |

        _______________________

Tom,
 Sounds like a great idea. Best of luck to you and your business.

  My suggestions: 1) 11. Office products from the web to your doodstep
2) 4.  24,000 office products for small business

Chris Hopkinson
Riparius Ventures
        ______________________

Tom

How about --

"24,000 Office Products -- More For Less!"

(just off the top of my head ...)

David C. Frankil
Partner
V.COM, LLC
the virtual compliance copany

703 533-5550 phone
703 533-5551 fax
703 863-VCOM mobile

www.v-osha.com
        _____________________

Tom;

Some of the suggestions listed are simply too long, and perhaps too
"flat" or "stilted".
I'm no expert, but have you thought about something like:

"If you need it for your office, we'll have it AtYourOffice ...pronto!
Or,
"If it's for your office, we'll have it AtYourOffice; in a short time
and at a low price!
Or,
"If you need it in a short time and at a low price, we'll have it ...
AtYourOffice!
Or,
"If you need it, we'll have it .... AtYourOffice.com!

Here are my picks,

8.  The PC way to buy office products

9.  Wired office products for your growing business

Did you ever get ahold of my counsin, Jeff Waldner?

Laura Weiss