AM: Marketing Challenge #3; The Informatics Institute wants to grow it's Washington business

To:     "'ad-market@netpreneur.org'" <ad-market@netpreneur.org>
Subject:     AM: Marketing Challenge #3; The Informatics Institute wants to grow it's Washington business
From:     Richard Hayden <haydenr@amsusa.com>
Date:     Thu, 12 Feb 1998 12:03:33 -0500

John

Some quick thoughts ...

My first step would be to validate their level of understanding of why they
should implement your solutions, i.e. their knowledge of the benefits and
also of the implementation issues and risks.  My instinct would be that
many of your target audience are not especially technically literate and as
your products are based on recent (and in some cases quite revolutionary)
technology I would expect them to take a cautious approach.  Particularly
in my experience the health sector is often cautious in adopting new
techniques and methods.

Having understood your audiences level of knowledge I would also suggest
that you make it easy as possible for them to understand the benefits of
the products you offer.  A 'white paper' providing free education on issues
and technologies, plus a section with substantive client quotes and
endorsements would help this.  It will help them to develop their own
vision of the value of a solution and perceive your organization as an
educator as well as product vendor.

Regards,

Richard Hayden

Richard Hayden