AM: RE: AM Marketing Challenge #3

To:     "ad-market@netpreneur.org" <ad-market@netpreneur.org>
Subject:     AM: RE: AM Marketing Challenge #3
From:     "Jacquelyn S. Lucy" <jlucy@imagematters.com>
Date:     Thu, 12 Feb 1998 15:31:32 -0500

John,

After visiting your web site, I have a few questions about your
programs.  Are you affiliated with any Medical or Professional School?
Do you offer continuing education credit or graduate credit? Is it a
certificate program? I know that the Nursing, Medical and Pharmacy
Schools at the University of Maryland have informatics programs.  Are
your courses designed to expand upon these or are they for those who
have not taken the programs?

Another possible problem might be the two day commitment.  I am
independent meeting planner and I have scheduled many meeting for health
care professionals and they have the worst scheduling problems of any
group.  It has been my experience that unless they are attending a
national professional meeting (and presenting), most have a hard time
scheduling two or more day meetings, especially on consecutive days.
Have you tried shorter meetings or meetings that meet one day one week
and another day the next?

If your target audience is primarily people that are unfamiliar with
informatics, I recommend that you revise your course titles and provide
descriptions that are more basic.

Finally, regarding getting people to come to Bethesda (nobody in their
right mind willingly goes to Bethesda!), have you offered an incentive
for attending courses at your facility?  Lower cost courses, free
parking, coupon for price break on future programs, etc.

Jacquie Lucy
Image Matters Marketing & Communications
jlucy@imagematters.com