AM: RE: RE: AM Marketing Challenge #3

To:     "'Jacquelyn S. Lucy'" <jlucy@imagematters.com>, ad-market@netpreneur.org
Subject:     AM: RE: RE: AM Marketing Challenge #3
From:     John Redmond <jar@tii.ruffin.com>
Date:     Thu, 12 Feb 1998 17:56:21 -0500

Hi, Jacquelyn -
Thanks for your interest.  Here are the answers to the questions you
asked:

*	We have affiliations with a number of professional organizations
and medical schools, namely the American Medical Association, the
American College of Physician Executives, the American Board of Quality
Assurance and Utilization Review Physicians, the University of Virginia
and the Indiana University/Clarian Health System.
*	Depending on the activity, Continuing Medical Education (for
physicians) credit hours are available through the affiliated
organization, if any, which is co sponsoring the activity.  We are in
the late stages of the accreditation process so that we can offer CME
credit hours on our own.  We are expecting to receive the necessary
accreditation this Spring.
*	We also participate in the ACPE's certificate program.  One of
our classes (Introduction to Informatics) is required for ACPE
certification, and another (Mastering Databases for Decision Support) is
an elective.  We recently began teaching five other classes for the
ACPE, and it is anticipated that they will become electives for the
Non-Resident Masters degree program that the ACPE operates in
conjunction with Tulane University, the University of Wisconsin and
Carnegie-Mellon.
*	We are not set up to provide CEU's for nurses or administrators.
We plan to go after those accreditations after we have completed CME
accreditation.
*	Our classes are practical and applied in orientation.  As such,
they are different from what you are likely to find in an academic
setting.  There are no prerequisites for most of our classes.  Persons
with academic training in informatics find that the hands-on, applied
nature of the classes is very different from what they studied and how
they studied it in school.
*	I think the course names are a barrier to some people attending,
as is the 2-day commitment.   How do we come up with better names?  How
do we determine the best way to schedule the classes?  We cannot afford
to "experiment" with class titles and schedules.

Bethesda has a lot going for it, as far as we are concerned - hotels,
Metro, accessible by car, equidistant to the area's 3 airports, great
assortment of restaurants, NIH, National Library of Medicine, National
Naval Medical Center ...

Thanks for your input

John A. Redmond
The Informatics Institute
Providing Clinical Information Services . . .
Education, Consulting, Data Warehousing
http://tii.ruffin.com
8120 Woodmont Ave., Ste. 500
Bethesda, MD 20814