AM: New Media Society March meeting

To:     ad-marketing@netpreneur.org
Subject:     AM: New Media Society March meeting
From:     Linda Kolker <lkolker@erols.com>
Date:     Thu, 26 Feb 1998 11:10:58 -0500

The New Media Society of Washington invites you to join us on Tuesday for
this stimulating discussion on e-commerce and on-line community...

Linda Kolker
Cybersalon Chair
NMS Board of Directors

New Media Society of Washington
March CyberSalon
Tuesday March 1
6:30 - 8:30 p.m.
Note: Presentation from 7:00 - 7:30 p.m.
Rhodeside Grill, 1836 Wilson Blvd., Arlington VA 22201, 703-243-0145
Admission: $10 non-members, free to members. No reservation necessary

Mark Dorf of Digital City, an AOL Studios Company, will talk about how
businesses can generate  revenues by sponsoring content on-line. This
business model works both for  broad, consumer audiences as well as narrow
business markets. Mark is  working with an stock promoter who hosts a weekly
radio show on penny  stocks, and uses Digital Cities to leverage his
clients' marquee value through an interactive site in digital cities which
includes a weekly chat room, stock tips of the week, and profiles on
specific small fund companies.

Another company offers  seminars that fulfill the continuing education
requirements (CME's) for licensing of medical professionals. Through Digital
Cities they are offering courses to physicians, nurses, pharmacists and
allied healthcare providers on America Online and over the Web, in addition
to onsite seminars and CD-ROM based training. It's an evolving example of
how to use new media to establish ongoing relationships, build community,
and engage in e-commerce.

 Mark's background is in broadcasting (both radio and television). He landed
in the online world from a program he developed last year on WWRC AM 980
radio called "Singles Minded" and then negotiated with America Online's
Digital City Washington to create an online matchmaking and dating service.
It has become one of their most popular sites.

 "Since that experience," Mark says, "I have become a real 'Net Junkie.'
Digital City retained the services of my company on a full-time basis last
September. I am now involved with developing new advertising and sponsored
content applications for them."

 Digital City, Inc. provides an array of interactive products on America
Online and the World Wide Web which combine local information, expert
reviews, and the personal contributions of the people who use the service to
help residents get the most from their community.