Re: AM: Interesting NYT article

To:     ad-market@netpreneur.org
Subject:     Re: AM: Interesting NYT article
From:     Ross Stapleton-Gray <director@embassy.org>
Date:     Mon, 16 Mar 1998 11:27:52 -0500 (EST)
cc:     Fran Witzel <fwitzel@morino.org>

For those w/o a NYT site password (and I'd suggest it as a worthwhile
place to visit... you can bookmark it with the password, which makes
revisits painless), some notable points:

   "[The company] will be among a handful of high-tech firms that
    get to make their case. At the Alley to the Valley
    conference, 24 Manhattan-based startups will pitch their plans
    to the mightiest of potential backers, the Valley's vaunted
    venture capitalists."

   "In one recent quarter, venture capitalists from Northern
    California gave $1 billion to startups, compared to $300,000
    from New York firms, according to AlleyCat News, an investor
    newsletter."

An interesting situation... Silicon Valley inviting digital prince
presumptives to kneel at the Sand Hill court and petition for territories
in the New World.  (Sorry, I'm working on some freelance writing, and this
caught me in metaphor mode. :-)

We need catchier slogans ourselves... maybe "Beltway to the Smeltway,"
looking for money from either Pittsburgh or Chicago, depending on your
preference for steel or small fish...

Ross
Ross Stapleton-Gray                     TeleDiplomacy, Inc.
director@embassy.org                    2503 Columbia Pike, Suite 118
Director, Electronic Embassy Program    Arlington VA 22204
http://www.embassy.org                  +1 703 685-5197 / 5257 fax