AM: FW: ONLINE-ADS>> PRESS INQUIRY: MC looking for Chief Marketing Officers

To:     "'marketing/advertising discussion group'" <ad-market@netpreneur.org>
Subject:     AM: FW: ONLINE-ADS>> PRESS INQUIRY: MC looking for Chief Marketing Officers
From:     Mitch Arnowitz <marnowitz@morino.org>
Date:     Wed, 18 Mar 1998 15:49:23 -0500

Folks-

The following press inquiry comes through the Online Advertising Discussion
List. If this is of interest, drop the list's moderator (Richard Hoy) a note at:
richard@tenagra.com.

Cheers-

mailto:marnowitz@morino.org

ONLINE ADS POST

Hey all,

This request was sent to me by a journalist at MC (Marketing Computers), a
major trade publication. He asked that his identity remain anonymous. If
you can answer his query, send a note with your contact information to me
at richard@tenagra.com and I'll forward it on to him. If he wants an
interview, he will call you.

thanks - richard, moderator

----------------

Richard,

I know you sometimes run queries from the media in Online Ads and I wanted
to ask if you'd consider one for a piece in the May issue of MC (Marketing
Computers), on the increasing use of the title "Chief Marketing
Officer"/CMO among technology firms and in the wider business world. It's
pretty straightforward: I want to know if anyone on the list a) is a Chief
Marketing Officer, b) works for a company that has a Chief Marketing
Officer or c) has considered adopting the title in their company. Then if
they're willing, I'll interview them about what they think the significance
of the title is, if any.

This is not an earth-shattering story, but it's one that'll be of great
interest to our readers. So far, though, we've only got three firms with
the title: SAP, Vantive and Sprint.

richard hoy
moderator, online advertising discussion list
vice president, marketing and client promotions
the tenagra corporation
http://www.tenagra.com/
p: 281.480.6300 | f: 281.480.7715  | e: rhoy@tenagra.com