AM: RE: Email list content dilemma

To:     <owner-ad-market@netpreneur.org>, "Brian Alpert" <balpert@telogy.com>, <ad-market@netpreneur.org>
Subject:     AM: RE: Email list content dilemma
From:     "David J. Simonetti" <djs@projix.com>
Date:     Fri, 20 Mar 1998 11:59:13 -0500

Brian,

It is clear, I think what you are trying to do, and I think that you can
successfully serve up mixed content on the listserv.  I think the only
danger is that the list will become too one-sided, but some effective
management (ala Penny, Fleck, Fran and Mitch's tactful intervention) should
mitigate that somewhat.  My experience with this market is that both the
engineers and product managers, while focused on their own issues, will have
at least ancillary interest in each others issues.  After all, they are
relying on each other to make what they design a viable product.
Furthermore, I think you are correct in your statement that "the engineers
are the ones who make technology recommendations..." and I think they are at
least as important an audience as that which you consider your ultimate
audience.  That is, the product managers, if interested, are going to be
asking the engineers about your products. If the engineers are knowledgeable
of both the technology and, though to a lesser extent, the marketing
criteria by virtue of subscribing to your list, I think you will have
accomplished your goal.  Good luck!

David

David J. Simonetti
Projix Corporation

"What the hell's a Marketeer?"
http://www.projix.com

BEGIN:VCARD
VERSION:2.1
N:Simonetti;David;J.;
FN:David J. Simonetti
ORG:Projix Corporation;
TITLE:CEO
TEL;WORK;VOICE:(202) 986-1680
TEL;WORK;FAX:(202) 986-0864
ADR;WORK:;;1601 Connecticut Avenue NW, Suite 803;Washington;DC;20009-1035;United States of America
LABEL;WORK;ENCODING=QUOTED-PRINTABLE:1601 Connecticut Avenue NW, Suite 803=0D=0AWashington, DC 20009-1035=0D=0AUn=
ited States of America
URL:http://206.246.126.52
EMAIL;PREF;INTERNET:djs@projix.com
REV:19980205T180157Z