AM: EMD Weighs In on Telogy's 'engineers & managers' post (coun't)

To:     "'marketing/advertising discussion group'" <>
Subject:     AM: EMD Weighs In on Telogy's 'engineers & managers' post (coun't)
From:     Mitch Arnowitz <>
Date:     Wed, 1 Apr 1998 10:36:46 -0500

The E-Marketing Digest
 Volume #2,Issue #154
 March 30, 1998
 Gary K. Foote, Moderator

 The E-Marketing Digest is published by Webbers Communications
 N. Conway, NH 03860   (603)447-1024

 The latest issue of The EMD is always available by autoresponder

 Table of Contents

 + E-mail Corner

    "E-mail List Content Dilemma"
       - Roy Hinkelman

 E-mail Corner

***  FIRST TOPIC - Email list content dilemma  ***

Subject: Email list content dilemma

You may be interested in an article about the editorial
considerations of doing an email newsletter that I wrote sometime
back. You can find it at . It
gives you some ideas about putting together an editorial
schedule, finding online news sources, marketing your newsletter
online and more.

I can forsee problems reaching your target market if you only
advertise the e-newsletter online. Many professionals are still
not online, or if they are, do very little surfing, but do use
email extensively. Bulk email is NOT an option, as many consider
it an intrusion, and your image will suffer.

For such a specialized newsletter, I would consider using a
simple postcard or small brochure mailed to your target market
with a return response. I've used a postcard sized product from
the USPO that comes with a return postcard included that is very
effective. They run for $.40 each and can be taken to a print
shop or run thru some computer printers.

Roy Hinkelman

.......Put our FREE site directory on your website!.......
Syndicated Marketing