AM: marketing online to teens

To:     ad-market@netpreneur.org
Subject:     AM: marketing online to teens
From:     lauraww <lauraww@ibm.net>
Date:     Mon, 20 Apr 1998 16:26:59 -0400

Hello all,

I'm working with a Web site targeted at teenage girls that may want to
set up storefronts on the site.  I have two questions:

1) have any of you had any experience marketing to this age group?

2) what are the legal considerations to marketing to this age group?  In
particular, if you want to process credit card transactions, what are
the ramifications if the person using the charge card is under 18?  Who
is liable, the minor or her parent?  What are the other considerations
in dealing in credit card transactions with this age group?

I'd appreciate any information or referrals to sources of information on
the above.

Thanks!

Laura Weiss
lauraww@ibm.net