AM: I need your help for upcoming commerce event-

To:     "'marketing/advertising discussion group'" <ad-market@netpreneur.org>
Subject:     AM: I need your help for upcoming commerce event-
From:     Mitch Arnowitz <marnowitz@morino.org>
Date:     Wed, 22 Apr 1998 12:23:48 -0400

"This is not rocket science.  Electronic Commerce is more about
good business sense than whiz-bang technology and that will be
the compelling factor in its introduction into businesses of all types
and sizes."

Jerry Neece; Sun Microsytems- Adjunct Professor of
Electronic Marketing, Santa Clara University

Folks-

The Netpreneur Program has an upcoming event and I need your help.
Shortly (as in tomorrow), we will announce the Stars of E-Commerce
event, to be held on June 3 at the Mayflower Hotel. We are bringing
together 5 successful entrepreneurs, Gary Arlen is moderating, Mario
will do the wrap. Similar to past NP forums, the format will be town-hall
style. We only have 700 seats, there is no charge, this event will quickly
sell out.

Given the marketing related topic, I know that lots of you will want to
attend. I wanted to make sure you all know about this & have an
opportunity to pre-register. To register:

	http://netpreneur.org/ecommerce

You can also email your registration to <ecommerce@netpreneur.org>.
Please include your name, company, email address and a brief company
description.

I have been charged with generating new audience for this b-b event. I
would like everyone in the group that registers to bring a friend to this
event. Try to bring a friend thats interested in commerce & has never
been to a Netpreneur event. I figure our group knows lots of other
advertising & marketing types that are interested in b-b commerce and
have not been to a Netpreneur event.

If everyone in the group that signs up, brings a friend new to the
Netpreneur Program, we'll have new audience that is interested in this
topic. Enclosed is an email note suitable for redistribution. This note hits
all the highlights of the event, feel free to send it on to your friends. If
your friends pass this note along to fellow employees in commerce
related companies, better yet (no harm in asking them to do so)!

But wait, theres more... Every day, leading up to this event, we
will put fresh e-commerce related content up on the Netpreneur
website. If you know of a relevant content pointer, please email me
privately (not the list) mailto:marnowitz@morino.org. Again, I figure
our group knows more about commerce related info. and where to
find it then anyone else.

Thanks for the help, see you on the 3rd. And now, the email post
about the event...

Mitch

=====================================
EMAIL POST FOR STARS OF E-COMMERCE
=====================================

AN EVENING WITH THE STARS OF E-COMMERCE

Presented by the Morino Institute

June 3, Mayflower Hotel, Washington, D.C.

6:00 p.m. Registration & Pre-reception
7:00 p.m.   Program
9:00 p.m.   Post Reception

To Register:  http://netpreneur.org/ecommerce

The Netpreneur Program  invites you to spend An
Evening with the Stars of E-Commerce.  This is your opportunity to learn
from and interact with five stellar entrepreneurs who founded some of the
region's hottest electronic commerce businesses.  Gary Arlen, who
Advertising Age referred to as "one of the most visible and most quoted
new media gurus" will moderate and lead the evening's discussion.  Gary is
President of Arlen Communications Inc.

On June 3, find out what

John Backus, President & Chief Executive Officer of Intelidata
Technologies Corporation

Bill Gorog, Chairman of the Board of Directors of Intelidata Technologies
Corporation (also developer of Lexis-Nexis and former director of
VeriFone)

Jack McDonnell, President & Chief Executive Officer of Transaction Network
Services, Inc.

Bill Melton, Chief Executive Officer, CyberCash, Inc.

Mark Walsh, President & Chief Executive Officer of VerticalNet, Inc.

view as the keys to survival and success in an industry that is expected
to explode in the next two years.

With expertise in areas that include home banking software, vertical trade
communities, data communications services for transaction-oriented
applications, and the development of technologies of the caliber of Lexis
Nexis, this group has the capacity to address the world of electronic
commerce from all angles.

The event will follow a town-hall format with brief six- to eight-minute
presentations from the Stars, followed by extensive time for audience
interaction.  Mario Morino, Chairman of the Morino Institute, will wrap up
the evening with his own views of the region and the netpreneur movement.

Previous An Evening With Netpreneur events drew cumulative crowds of
nearly 2,000.  Only 700 seats are available for the June 3 program.  To be
assured of your seat to star gaze, sign up now at:

http://netpreneur.org/ecommerce

You may also email your registration to <ecommerce@netpreneur.org>.
Please include your name, company, email address and a brief description
of your company.