AM: Customer Acquisition via the Web

To:     ad-market
Subject:     AM: Customer Acquisition via the Web
From:     brobins@merlin.netresponse.com
Date:     Tue, 12 May 1998 21:05:47 -0400

AM-

NetResponse is an internet consulting and development agency.  One of
our clients is in the midst of planning an aggressive customer
acquisition campaign.  The client is a web based publication, which
recently migrated to a subscription model.

Thus far, banner ads have not been a cost effective channel.  I was
wondering what experiences, thoughts, or recommendations people had in
regards to alternative customer acquisition vehicles.

We are looking at list rental for direct email, text ads on email lists,
and sponsorships, as well as testing off line advertising mechanisms
(direct mail, print, and local NPR).

Thank you-
Bill Robins