Re: FW: AM: Customer Acquisition via the Web

To:     Bill Robins <brobins@merlin.netresponse.com>
Subject:     Re: FW: AM: Customer Acquisition via the Web
From:     "Melissa MacKinnon @ superSonic BOOM" <melissa@superSonicBOOM.com>
Date:     Fri, 15 May 1998 13:45:20 -0700
CC:     "tbillington@morino.org" <tbillington@morino.org>, "ad-marketing@netpreneur.org" <ad-marketing@netpreneur.org>, Mitch Arnowitz <marnowitz@morino.org>, Nancy Swanson <nswanson@netpub.thompson.com>, Terry Steichen <TerryS@DataFocus.com>

I strongly suggest radio.  NPR is a great audience; however, it's difficult to
get your message across with "sponsorship" ads on public radio.  There is not
enough time - especially with something new.  I advise WTOP NewsRadio 1500 AM.  I
used to sell advertsing there, and our advertisers found it extremely
successful.  WTOP and NPR share the same audience.  However, WTOP allows you to
air 60 second "spots" (advcertisements).  I would sponsor Dave McConnell, as he
is an anchor in Washington, as the capitol Hill correspondent - not only for WTOP
for for Channel 4 News.  He has a huge and loyal following.  I can put you in
touch with someone who can really help you there.  Her name is Jean Fowler.  She
is a WTOP veteran and works very closely with politically focused advertisers.
Her number is 202-895-5000.  Please tell her that Melissa MacKinnon referred you.

I have alot of reasons why I think rado is the best off-line medium for Internet
companies.  I have to run to a meeting now, but will write back with my reasons.

Good luck,

Melissa